High School Performance Training: 9th-12th grade: 15-17yrs old
- Dynamic Warm-ups (CNS Activation with Joint and Muscle Prep)
- Warm-ups are based off of training experience, sports played and overall athleticism.
- Lateral, Horizontal and Vertical
- Multiple levels of progressions with emphasis on maximizing horizontal power/speed as it relates to all sports on the high school level.
- Lateral, Linear, and Multidirectional
- Technical and complex drills (loaded and unloaded) with full speed application drills
- Major emphasis on resisted and assisted movement patterns such as sprints and jumps
- 2-3 Drills daily dedicated to the specific sport movement
STRENGTH TRAINING (WEIGHT ROOM)
3-Week Training Blocks
- Exercises choices for each day are maintained for 3 weeks
- Assigned volume (sets and reps along with tempo) will increase week to week within a given training block.
- New exercises will be assigned each day for a new 3 week training block with different loading patterns.
- Learn proper muscle action while performing the appropriate exercise
- Low- moderate volume ( sets of 5-8 reps) low- moderate intensity
- Learn proper tempo with isometric contractions to gain proper control of eccentric and concentric movements.
- High volume (sets of 8-15 reps) with moderate intensity
- Higher tempos with longer reps with speed and time under tension per set
- Short rest periods to stimulate muscle growth (hypertrophy)
- This week consist of very high intensity and low volume ( sets of 1-4 reps)
- Explosive tempos with heavy weights fast or lighter weights with variable load (i.e squat jump with trap bar and bands)
- Sports-Specific movements are relative on week 3
- Speed and power sports will have a lot of variable resistance such as ( soccer, tennis, volleyball, golf, gymnastics, cheerleading, baseball and softball)
- High contact sports athletes such as football, lacrosse, basketball and some baseball need to gain muscle mass will have heavy loads that they can manipulate very well.